Fernando Betto was born in June 7, 1961 in San Giorgio delle Pertiche, Padua.
In 1978 he graduated MAESTRO D’ARTE at the Institute of Arts ‘Pietro Selvatico’ in Padua, specialising in metals, marble and wood.
After graduation, Fernando Betto refined his academic preparation in several ‘gold shops’ within the territory of Padua and Vicenza, thus acquiring knowledge about ancient traditions of jewelry art and especially those unknown, related to precious metals processing. He has been and still is designer for several goldsmith companies within Vicenza area.
In September 2011 Fernando Betto opened his ‘Oficinad’arte’, a workshop with showroom in the old town center of Padua. Since 2012 he has been promoting cultural initiatives for young artists by attending – within Oficinad’arte – the national competition of contemporary jewelry “OL3… …the beat” (beyond the beat).
For many years, a training school has been active at Oficina workshop, with
individual courses led by Master Betto, for those who want to approach the
ancient tradition of the art of goldsmith. The exhibition “Percorsi
Inversi” dates back to 2017 and was created by the Master to allow the
students of the courses to exhibit their creations in a space dedicated to
the experimentation of the creativity of aspiring artists. For more
information see the Courses section.
On June 1, 2018 Fernando Betto opens the second atelier with workshop in
the historic center of the town of Caorle (Ve), a place where to create
design objects conveying both sunlight and the scent of the sea.
– 1996, Apocalisse 99, casa G.B. Cima, Conegliano (TV)
– 2011, Aperitivo con il gioiello, Hotel Imperiale, Taormina (ME)
– 2011, Arte Padova 2011, XXII Mostra Mercato d’Arte Moderna e
– 2011, Pensieri Preziosi 7, Gioielli d’Italia, Oratorio San Rocco, Padua
– 2012, Folies d’Essai, Caliban Galleria d’Arte Contemporanea, Treviso
– 2012, Trasparenze, Semid’Arte Galleria d’Arte Contemporanea, Turin
– 2012, Microcosmi Preziosi, Atelier Boffi Barberini, Rome
– 2012, Arte Padova 2012, XXIII Mostra Mercato d’Arte Moderna e
– 2013, Anatomia del Design 2013, Milan Design Week 2013, Opificio 31, Milan
– 2013, Arte Padova 2013, XXIV Mostra Mercato d’Arte Moderna e
– 2014, Arte Padova 2014, XXV Mostra Mercato d’Arte Moderna e
– 2015, Arte Padova 2015, XXVI Mostra Mercato d’Arte Moderna e
– 2016, Arte Padova 2016, XXVII Mostra Mercato d’Arte Moderna e
– 2017, Percorsi Inversi – Oreficeria e Rivelazioni di Sé. In co-operation
with Padua culture city offices
– 2017, Arte Padova 2017, XXVIII Mostra Mercato d’Arte Moderna e
‘Galileo’ literary award, 2009, city of Padua and Italy
Member of AGC Associazione Gioiello Contemporaneo (Contemporary Jewel Association) since 2011
– ‘Galileo e il libro dell’universo: gli orafi e gli argentieri interpretano’, Daniela Banci and Stefano Rossi, Padua, Unione Provinciale Artigiani, CNA, 2009
– ‘Aperitivo con il gioiello contemporaneo’, S. Laganà, La Sicilia newspaper dated 4th September 20xx, Catania - Arte Padova 2011, 22nd Modern and Contemporary Art Exhibition, Padua
– ‘Pensieri Preziosi 7, Gioielli d’Italia’, Mirella Cisotto Nalon, Padua, 2011